NJF – the PR, Social Media, and Experiential Marketing practice of top travel marketing firm MMGY Global – has an immediate opening for a Public Relations Account Executive in our New York office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with day-to-day client communication.
- Set, implement and monitor program timetable for clients.
- Strategic media pitching (traditional & online media); pitching and arranging press visits; local and regional media outreach; writing and editing; industry partner liaison; attend client and industry meetings and coordination of local media events.
- Secure and attend press trips and client media tours
Strong detail and organizational skills, strong writing skills, sensitivity to deadlines, self-motivation, resourcefulness, ability to learn quickly, creativity, initiative, high energy, sensitive listening skills (from client, supervisor, and media) ability to prioritize and juggle tasks effectively, results-oriented thinking, effective judgment, and ability to anticipate, spot and fix problems, good base of media contacts and media pitching skills, social media savvy.
- Assist in development, planning and implementation of client PR programs.
- Strategic story pitching to both national and local/regional media (traditional and online).
- Securing press visits, desksides for clients and media attendance at client events.
- Write and/or edit pitch emails, press releases, special editorial copy, etc. and handle media list creation and distribution of press releases.
- Source marketing partnership/promotion opportunities and help to coordinate and plan partnership programs and activities.
- Coordinate all aspects of press trips, from target list development and invites, through leading the trip (when appropriate).
- Develop relationships with trade and consumer media.
- Attend client and industry meetings.
- Coordination of local media events.
- Conduct industry partner liaison.
- Contribute to/initiate ideas for programs, stories or special events.
- Keep abreast of media - be consistently aware of who is writing for which publications, and which ones are viable outlets for clients.
- Monitor/coordinate editorial calendar listings and lead generation services and pitch stories to appropriate media.
- Play an active role in agency brainstorms.
- Compile, write, edit client correspondence, status reports, media recap reports, client activity reports
- Continue to move accounts forward based upon program, while ensuring day-to-day needs are met.
- Provide input on marketing PR ideas for all company clients, as requested.
- Develop understanding of client’s business (competition, industry issues, etc.).
- Develop network of editors, producers, bloggers.
- Stay abreast of the latest travel, consumer and social media trends.
- Demonstrate understanding and application of social media tools.
- Management of intern or account coordinator
- 2-3 years of public relations agency experience or a previous communications position is preferred
- Travel industry experience or knowledge a plus
- Bilingual Spanish/English written and oral skills a plus
Minimum - 4 year degree
Reports to: Account Supervisor or Account Director
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: