We have an immediate position available for a sales manager in our research products and services group. The compensation package will be commensurate with candidate’s skills and background, and will include financial incentives tied to sales performance and/or division growth.
Research, and the proprietary insights the research reveals, is the foundational pillar of the MMGY Global brand. The company leverages its deep knowledge of how travelers think about, research, plan, and book travel as its primary point of difference in the category. While this research is utilized internally to inform and guide the development of client strategies, it is also packaged and sold on a product, project, or subscription basis to industry leaders around the world. These products and services include:
- The MMGY Global Portrait of American Travelers® study & profiling products
- The MMGY Global travelhorizons™ study and sponsorships
- DK Shifflet Visitor Volume & Spending Data and Reports
- DK Shifflet Visitor Volume and Spending Forecasts
- DK Shifflet Traveler Profile Data and Reports
- Customized qualitative and quantitative research
The sales manager role will work in partnership with the agency’s broader business development team to solicit and sell the entire portfolio of research products and services across all divisions and geographic regions. The candidate selected for this role will demonstrate a passion for sales, research, and must be self-motivated to achieve aggressive sales targets for this vital company discipline.
- Develop an annual sales and outreach strategy for all research products and services, including specific sales objectives, strategies, and tactics.
- Develop and maintain contact database, contact tracking system, and active sales outreach discipline.
- Lead the design and development of promotional materials for all company research products and services.
- Collaborate with agency personnel to prepare initial proposal drafts for review by departmental managers.
- Assist in the preparation of agency pitch presentations that include research products or services.
- Collaborate with agency account and channel leadership teams to identify research client prospects and to develop specific research proposals for these products and services.
- Other duties as assigned by either SVP/Business Strategy or EVP/Global Strategy.
Job Requirements & Necessary Skills:
- Demonstrated past success in a sales role a must.
- Exemplary verbal, written and presentation communication a must.
- Ability to work with and motivate multiple constituents.
- Professional experience in the tourism or hospitality industry preferred.
- 6+ years of sales and/or marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of research methodologies and best practices preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Must be driven to succeed and self-motivated.
- May require some travel.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent.
Reports to: SVP/Business Strategy (with dotted lines to research dept managers)
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: