Our job as marketers is to influence decision-making related to travel planning and booking decisions, and we invest in soliciting the best proprietary industry data and consumer research to guide us. Research, data, and the insights that emerge guide our teams and everything we do across all marketing channels and disciplines. The DK Shifflet travel research division is vital to the MMGY Global company strategy and to its sustainable competitive advantage in the industry.
The Director/DK Shifflet Analytics & Operations role is responsible for processing, maintaining and delivering syndicated performance data to populate DK Shifflet’s suite of products and services. This position reports directly to the VP/DK Shifflet Products & Services in the McLean, Virginia office. Key responsibilities and requirements of this position are listed below.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the ensuring the timely delivery of accurate and reliable data for all DK Shifflet products & services, including volume estimation, forecasting, visitor profiles, TraveLab, data tables, and other ad hoc analyses;
- Responsible for syndicated data processing, quality control, and maintenance;
- Oversees the data processing team, and is responsible for training and day-to-day management of DK Shifflet data management and operations team;
- Works with VP/DK Shifflet Products & Services to design and test all research and data collection methodologies, questionnaire design, and sampling plans for all initiatives;
- Maintains and regularly evaluates data delivery tools and seeks ways to continually improve the client user experience and the value of the data clients license from DK Shifflet;
- Leads all technical design, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing maintenance of the MMGY/DK Shifflet TraveLab online portal;
- Manages data storage to ensure the safe storage and upkeep of all company and client data, including redundancies to ensure reliable data backups;
- Oversees DK Shifflet local IT needs, including working closely with MMGY IT support team for maintenance, hardware/software needs, and upgrades;
- Collaborates with the VP/DK Shifflet Products & Services to constantly innovate regarding development of new products and services that ensure DK Shifflet maintains and/or grows its leadership position and reputation in the domestic travel performance data and research disciplines;
- Other duties as assigned by VP/DK Shifflet Products & Services.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in research design, data collection, data analysis, and reporting
- Experience in travel and/or tourism industries a plus
- Proficiency working with database management solutions/systems including SPSS, SAS, and Microsoft Excel
- Experience in statistical modeling methodologies and application, including Small Area estimation
- Candidates must be proactive, self-motivated, adept at dealing with ambiguity, possess strong time management skills, and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Occasional travel required
4-year BA/BS degree in relevant field required.
VP/DK Shifflet Products & Services
Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements to: