NJF – the PR, Social Media, and Experiential Marketing practice of top travel marketing firm MMGY Global – is looking for an Account Supervisor to oversee PR programs for its growing roster of 70+ internationally recognized clients. This is an opportunity to join the largest integrated travel marketing firm in the world. NJF and MMGY Global believe the world is a big, beautiful place. We’ve made it our job, passion and mission to inspire people to experience as much of it as humanly possible through creative communications programs.
We have an immediate opening for a Public Relations Account Supervisor in our New York, NY office.
The Public Relations Account Supervisor will spend the majority of his/her time doing the following:
- Develop, plan and implement PR programs for clients
- Manage account activities and monitor program timetable and budgets to generate results and profit
- Develop relationships with clients’ decision makers and provide strategic counsel
- Develop deep understanding of clients’ business competition, challenges and opportunities
- Provide creative input and direction to account group, including development of program concepts and activations, promotions, story placement, conceptualization of press materials, etc.
- Generate and execute innovative ideas for major media coverage
- Maintain established media and blogger relationships while continually developing new media contacts that are important to PR practice and rest of agency
- Keep abreast of media – be consistently aware of who is writing for which publications and which ones are viable outlets for clients
- Stay abreast of latest travel, consumer and social media trends
- Demonstrate understanding and application of social media tools
- Strategic media pitching (traditional and online), review/editing of press materials, client programs and recommendations; industry partner liaison, attend client and industry meetings and coordination/supervision of events
- Supervise/train junior/mid-level team members
- Budget development and tracking for client and new business programs
- Participate in client and new business presentations
- Create and/or seize opportunities for selling projects to PR clients
- Anticipate, identify and suggest solutions to company development issues
- Interview potential staff candidates; make recommendations
- Help to identify and generate new business opportunities
- Represent MMGY at industry functions – take an active role in associations and help generate visibility for MMGY
- Actively participate in company promotion strategies
- Ability to develop and write effective PR plans, manage day-to-day account activities and proven media placement track record
- Strong detail and organizational skills, troubleshooting skills, ability to manage people, strong pitching/writing skills, sensitivity to deadlines, self motivation, resourcefulness, ability to learn quickly, creativity, initiative, high energy, sensitive listening skills (from clients, supervisors, media), ability to prioritize and juggle tasks effectively, results-oriented thinking, effective judgment, ability to anticipate and fix problems, strong base of media contacts and media skills, social media savvy, effective networking and relationship-building skills, ability to delegate effectively, sound judgment, polished presentation skills, integrity, and effective strategic counseling skills.
- Previous experience in managing new bureau programs, launch events, press trips, media tours
Education and Industry Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 – 8 years of advertising agency experience in Public Relations with at least two years in a supervisory role
- Experience working on “travel, tourism or hospitality” related clients is necessary
- Must have established media relationships with national consumer/lifestyle and industry travel trade media
Reports to: Vice President
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: