We have an immediate opening for an Account Executive with Myriad International Marketing, an MMGY Global company in our New York office.
Myriad Marketing is an established tourism marketing company with offices in New York and Los Angeles. We provide marketing solutions for the travel industry, including representing international tourist offices. Myriad markets some of the world’s best travel destinations and products.
We are seeking a well-rounded marketing professional to work on a key tourist board account in the areas of sales, marketing and public relations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement annual marketing plans, with a strong focus on online outlets and opportunities
- Conduct sales calls and training programs with tour companies, travel agents and MICE organizations
- Working closely with the client head office on global marketing campaigns and implementation for the North American market
- Review, assess and implement cooperative marketing programs with travel industry partners
- Prepare project briefs and market intelligence reports
- Writing and distribution of press releases
- Coordination of press trips; including itinerary development, journalist recruitment, hosting in destination
- Media pitching
- Providing input and recommendations on social media programs
- Coordinating special events and promotions on behalf of clients
- Manage project budgets
- Manage timelines and execution of projects
- Work with a team to develop new ideas and concepts for the client
- 2 – 3 years of sales, marketing and PR experience with the tourism / travel industry is HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Full command of tourism marketing, sales and PR.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent knowledge of all travel distribution channels, including online
- Ability and willingness to travel at least five days each month, which may include international travel
- Be a wiz in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Possess great verbal and writing abilities
- Be able to multi-task and handle several projects at a time on tight deadlines
- Highly organized
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field
Reports to: Vice President, Destination Services
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: